The City of West Plains is always accepting applications for Paid-On-Call Firefighter.
The position of Paid-On-Call (POC) Firefighter is a contractual position and is used on an “on call” basis. This is not a career position. A POC Firefighter typically has other means of primary employment and makes emergency incidents based on availability from that employment. Any questions regarding the role of a POC can be directed to any of the personnel of the WPFD. If you meet the following requirements, you could be our next POC Firefighter! To become a POC Firefighter, you must:
- Reside in the city limits of West Plains and be a full time resident (with exceptions).
- Be 18 to 60 years of age (with exceptions).
- Have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Hold a valid Missouri drivers license and have your own means of transportation, either as owner or be the insured driver on record.
- Have a liberal availability to respond to emergency calls, trainings, etc.
- Be physically capable to perform the duties of a firefighter.
- Prior fire service training is a plus but lack of training does not disqualify.
If you believe you meet these requirements and would like to apply to become a POC Firefighter with the WPFD, click the link below, fill out the application and turn it in to headquarters at:
1901 Kissinger St.
Check out the City of West Plains website here for career employment opportunities with the West Plains Fire Department!