The City of West Plains is always accepting applications for Paid-On-Call Firefighter.
The position of Paid-On-Call (POC) Firefighter is a contractual position and is used on an “on call” basis. This is not a career position. A POC Firefighter typically has other means of primary employment and makes emergency incidents based on availability from that employment. Any questions regarding the role of a POC can be directed to any of the personnel of the WPFD. If you meet the following requirements, you could be our next POC Firefighter! To become a POC Firefighter, you must:
- Reside in the city limits of West Plains and be a full time resident (with exceptions).
- Be 18 to 60 years of age (with exceptions).
- Have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Hold a valid Missouri drivers license and have your own means of transportation, either as owner or be the insured driver on record.
- Have a liberal availability to respond to emergency calls, trainings, etc.
- Be physically capable to perform the duties of a firefighter.
- Prior fire service training is a plus but lack of training does not disqualify.
If you believe you meet these requirements and would like to apply to become a POC Firefighter with the WPFD, click the link below, fill out the application and turn it in to headquarters at:
302 Jackie D. Garrett Dr.
There are no open career positions at this time.
The City of West Plains does not accept applications for positions that are not posted.
Check back to see if any career positions open up!